In Bordeaux, we’ve had a lot of rain lately and a typical march weather : showers, strong winds and sunny spells. I’m really looking forward to putting Winter behind me and welcoming Spring. Furthermore, I’ve just returned from a quick trip to Morocco (more on that later!), and over there, Spring is in full swing, even in Casablanca where the climate is temperate, and beautiful vegetables are already here.
So today, I wanted to share a cold salad that begs for Spring to come, perfect for a quick lunch at home or at your desk. In a few weeks, hoepfully, we will add peas and broad beans.
Some tips :
- Where can you find black sesame seeds ? In asian grocery stores or natural food stores !
- How to toast sesame seed ? In a non-adhesive pan, grill the seeds without adding oil. Stir from time to time. It’s ready when the seeds begin to pop and they smell like your morning toasts.
Lentil Salad with Grilled Tofu, Cucumbers, Black Sesame
200g or 7 oz of lentils, cooked and rinsed
1/2 cucumber, cut in half moons
1/2 bundle of radishes, cut in quarters
100g or 3.5 oz of firm tofu with herbs, diced
1 shallot, cut
3 spring of mint or cilantro, cut in strings
2 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
1 tsp of honey
1 tbsp of black sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a pan, grill the tofu with 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
2. IN a large bowl, prepare the dressing : mix the oil, vinegar, honey, and sesame seeds. Add the herbs and shallots.
3. Add the lentils, radishes, cucumber. Mix well and stir in the tofu.
4. Serve !